I’m trying something new this week by joining the DC Trifecta link up. I first heard about this via Run Salt Run and Helly on the Run, two blogs that are must-reads for me. The DC Trifecta is comprised of Mar on the Run, Cynthia of You Signed Up for What, and Courtney of Eat Pray Love DC. I hope I did all the linking back properly to give credit where it’s due.
This week’s theme for Friday Five is Five Things About Me. You know you’re sitting on the edge of your seat for this post. All the secrets of Pandora aka Judith that you didn’t realize you needed to know.
1) I had breast reduction surgery about 4 years ago. It didn’t matter if I weighed 125 or 87, these knockers were outsized (like a 32 DD — maybe larger but I refused to buy bigger bras and getting them in a 32 band size was damned near impossible) and the first place I gained weight and the last place it came off. It finally started to affect the curve of my spine and insurance paid for the whole thing as a medical necessity.
Best decision ever. I only wish I’d done it sooner. I used to have to wear three sports bras to do any sort of exercise and now one suffices. I’m still shocked when I see running photos of myself because I look so relatively flat-chested. And I love it that way!
2) I pitched a suspense book to the agent that discovered Tom Clancy and he loved the concept. He wanted me to send the full manuscript to him and… I chickened out and didn’t send it to him. Self-sabotage much?
I later went on to spill a glass of wine on the laptop containing said novel and destroyed the hard drive. I do have about 75 percent of the book in hard copy, but I can’t bear to look at it now. At the time, I think I was more upset over the spilt wine.
3) I have a crocheted turtle my mother made for my sister before she was born. I was two years old and liked the turtle so well that she gave it to me and made another for my sister. I still haul it around with me whenever I travel as it’s the one thing I couldn’t stand losing in a fire. I think my attachment is because it’s the one sign that my mother might’ve liked me once before her NPD completely took her over. Yes, I know it’s strange that a grown-ass woman carries a stuffed toy with her around the world. I’m emotionally stunted.
4) When I was six, I painted my grandfather’s new Cadillac with tar meant for the driveway because I thought the car should match the color of the wheels. I proudly announced what I did… um, thank goodness he eventually forgave me and laughed about it.
5) I ran for about a year when I was 23/24 and most of it was while I lived in Philadelphia. I had some weird experiences with men during those city runs, including one time when an older gentleman in a Mercedes convertible pulled up beside me. I thought he was going to ask for directions, but instead he asked, “Can I pay you to get me in shape?”
He was a persistent bugger, and when I replied that no, I didn’t do that sort of thing, he asked if he could take me to dinner. Right then and there. While I was in my sweaty running clothes. To the nice Italian place we were right in front of.
I still don’t get why he thought this might get him somewhere. Maybe it was my D-cups’ siren song befuddling his brain.
Question: What was the weirdest pick-up line that you’ve either had used on you or that you’ve used? Did it work?